I’m a writer whose training stretches back about 20 years. I’ve studied and written in a variety of genres, such as fiction, nonfiction, plays and screenplays, criticism, professional communication, and copywriting. I’m a graduate of the Clarion Writing Workshop (where I critiqued 12-18 manuscripts a week), and earned my MFA in Fiction from University of Kansas. I worked as a slush reader for Crossed Genres and Strange Horizons, and as a fiction editor and co-head editor for LandLocked. Since 2016, I’ve taught classes and workshops in composition, creative writing, research methods, and literature. While my focus is generally on creative works, I have also edited academic, critical, and professional writing.
I offer the following services. Follow the links to see descriptions of these services and rates. I also offer package discounts for clients that wish to bundle services together.
- Manuscript editing: I offer basic, detailed, or substantive edits on completed manuscripts.
- Research and fact-checking: If your project is outside of your area of expertise, I can help you find resources, answer strange questions, and check your ideas.
- Sensitivity consultations: I specialize in LGBTQ representation, particularly queer, bisexual, transgender, and nonbinary characters, themes, and issues.
- Copy Editing: This service focuses on language, sentence and paragraph structure, diction, grammar, and consistency.
- Proofreading: A final polish for a finished, edited manuscript.
- Sample edits: For new clients, I offer discounts on my services, so you can get a sense of my editorial style, and whether or not we’ll work well together.