UPDATE: I will be unable to take on any new clients until April 2022. If that works with your schedule, feel free to contact me using the form below.
I’ve studied and written in a variety of genres, such as fiction, nonfiction, plays and screenplays, and criticism. I’m a graduate of the Clarion Writing Workshop (where I critiqued 12-18 manuscripts a week), and earned my MFA in Fiction from University of Kansas. I worked as a slush reader for Crossed Genres and Strange Horizons, and as a fiction editor and co-head editor for LandLocked. Since 2016, I’ve taught classes and workshops in composition, creative writing, research methods, and literature. While my focus is generally on creative works, I have also edited academic, critical, and professional writing.
Copywriting, editing, and content creation:
I’ve worked as a freelance writer and editor since 2011. I’ve written food columns, blogs, product descriptions, social media posts, listicles, political commentary, policy, FAQs, how-to’s, and a ton of other kinds of content. I’m most comfortable with WordPress and Drupal, but am quick to learn other kinds of software.
Interested in reading more? Here’s my resume, and here are some writing clips.
I offer the following services. Follow the links to see descriptions of these services and rates. I also offer package discounts for clients that wish to bundle services together.
- Copywriting: I specialize in content creation and management (product descriptions, blogs, FAQs, newsletters, interviews, social media profiles, etc.), and am especially experienced/knowledgeable in topics relating to public education, social justice, organized labor, gender, and books/publishing.
- Manuscript editing: I offer basic, detailed, or substantive edits on completed manuscripts.
- Research and fact-checking: If your project is outside of your area of expertise, I can help you find resources, answer strange questions, and check your ideas.
- Sensitivity consultations: I specialize in LGBTQ representation, particularly queer, bisexual, transgender, and nonbinary characters, themes, and issues.
- Copyediting: This service focuses on language, sentence and paragraph structure, diction, grammar, and consistency.
- Proofreading: A final polish for a finished, edited manuscript.
- Sample edits: For new clients, I offer discounts on my services, so you can get a sense of my editorial style, and whether or not we’ll work well together.